(Effective: February 1, 2017)
I. Authority and Applicability:
a) The Westmoreland Conservation District (WCD) is delegated by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection the responsibility for reviewing the Post Construction Management (PCSM) plans and conducting sites visits and inspections during the construction process for sites requiring NPDES permits.
b) The WCD, by the authority of its Board of Directors, shall charge a processing fee for stormwater management plan review, NPDES and PCSM plan review and for stormwater BMP construction inspections*.
c) The processing fee shall apply to all applications that are submitted to the WCD requesting stormwater plan review, NPDES and PCSM plan review and the required stormwater BMP construction inspections*.
d) The purpose of the processing fee is to help the WCD recover costs incurred in the stormwater management plan review, NPDES and PCSM plan review and the stormwater BMP construction inspection* process.
*The ‘stormwater BMP construction inspection process’ refers only to WCD’s delegated responsibility to provide regulatory inspections during construction of the project, not to ongoing annual inspections of BMP’s in the future and not inspections of the ‘critical stages’ of BMP installations as identified in the NPDES permit Section C, Item 8. Both of these are the responsibility of the site owner, the permittee, and the licensed design professional of record for the site.
a) Fees will be based on NPDES Total Disturbed Area coverage. NPDES Total Disturbed Area is that portion of the total project area where earth disturbance activities are planned to occur. For phased projects, this refers to the disturbed area of the initial project phase plus the planned disturbed areas of subsequent project phases. For projects not requiring NPDES, and/or under 1.0 acre, the fee will be the lowest amount. The size of the area shall be in acres to the nearest tenth of an acre.
|Disturbed Acreage||Current Fee|
|0 – 0.9||$825.00|
|1.0 – 1.9||$1095.00|
|2.0 – 4.9||$1365.00|
|5.0 – 9.9||$1650.00|
|10.0 – 19.9||$1920.00|
|20.0 – 49.9||$2740.00|
|50.0 – 99.9||$3565.00|
*Non-commercial single family residence over 5000 Sq.Ft. up to .99 acre disturbed. $350.
**Disturbed acres are defined as the area of the project in which the surface of the land is disturbed by excavations, embankments, land development, residential lot construction, mineral extraction and moving, depositing or storing of soil, rock, or earth, or other earthmoving activity.
A PCSM baseline fee of $250.00 will be charged for plans that do not request a stormwater approval but require an NPDES/ESCGP-2 permit. Example–Utility lines. (Effective April 1, 2012.)
III. Fee Waiver:
a) Fees will be waived for an application filed under the name of a governmental sub-unit of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or a city, borough, township or municipality with a Conservation Partnership Agreement (CPA) with the WCD. This waiver does not apply to private, non-profit organizations, authorities or school districts.
IV. Additional Fees:
a) One fee is intended to cover the entire review process except for the following:
1) If after the initial review process the plan is considered “not adequate” and revisions are needed, the plan must be re-submitted with revisions and an additional fee of 65% of the original fee. If after the second review the plan is not adequate, revisions must be submitted with an additional 65% of the original fee. If after the third review the plan is not adequate, 75% of the original fee must be submitted with revisions.
2) Where the applicant or his agent fails to directly address and attempt to resolve concerns expressed by the WCD after three revisions of the SWM plan, a complete resubmission of the original fees (with the exception of the NPDES filing fee) will be imposed for all subsequent SWM plan revisions.
3) If a revised plan is waiting for revisions and a phone contact, email or letter requesting an extension of time is not received from the applicant for 2 months from the time of the WCD’s last “not adequate” or deficiency letter, the plan will be returned to the applicant and any resubmission will require a new full fee.
4) When site construction and final site BMP installation are not completed within three years from the date of initial plan review, the WCD reserves the right to require the submission of a new plan and additional or upgraded controls if SWM standards have been revised. Fees will be charged as indicated in section II-A above.
V. Fee Submission Requirements:
a) The applicant will submit a check or money order (cash is not accepted) made payable to the Westmoreland Conservation District and will submit this fee with the completed WCD application form and the project plans. Plans will not be reviewed unless all components are submitted and complete.
b) If submissions are incomplete, or the check is returned due to insufficient funds, the applicant will be notified and the plans will not be reviews until the submission is complete.
c) If an application includes a General or Individual NPDES construction permit and/or an erosion and sedimentation control plan submission, the applicant shall include at least three checks:
1) one to the Westmoreland Conservation District, for the stormwater management plan processing fee or the PCSM baseline fee combined with the erosion and sedimentation plan review fee if applicable**,
2) one to the Westmoreland Clean Water Fund, for the NPDES filing fee (Individual=$1500, General=$500), and
3) one to the Commonwealth of PA Clean Water Fund, for the NPDES disturbed acreage fee of $100 per disturbed acre. This check will be forwarded to SW PA DEP by WCD.
** Please refer to the WCD Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program Fee Schedule for the appropriate Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan review fees.
d) The WCD fee shall not be combined with any other municipal or county fee. The canceled check will be the applicant’s receipt. No separate receipt will be provided unless requested.
VI. Billable Hours:
a) The WCD reserves the right to charge a billable hours fee ($50.00/hour) to cover costs associated with meetings on plan preparation assistance when that assistance is over and above the normally expected time. This does not include pre-plan, pre-submission, or pre-construction meetings.